POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transparency and media : transparency and media Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  transparency and media
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 16 Dec 2002 12:30:13
Message: <3dfe0da5@news.povray.org>
Please don't shoot me if this is old news but ...

I've importrd an XFrog tree into Pov using mesh2. The leaves consist of a
square with an image of several leaves on it. Using image_pattern or
pigment_pattern or a tga with use alpha the non leaf part is made
transparent and the leaf section shows up nicely.

But if there is media behind the leaf (a sky in this case) the transparent
area displays the colour of the sky_sphere behind the media and ignores the
media colour completley so the squares show up.

This happens with image_pattern, pigment_pattern and tga with use alpha.

Is this a known bug? is there a fix?

Mick